<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

October 07, 2004

school nights and getting older

I turned 34 yesterday. All day long at work (one of our energetic admin's keeps track of all our b-days and takes care of cards and such - which is nice) my colleagues asked me how I would be celebrating. They expected me to go out and tie one on or something. I'm 34, not 24. Plus, I find hangovers quite debilitating.

Some of my friends and readers are serious champs (The Brooklyn Freckler, The Alabama Slama, Bunny - you are my heroes) about going out on school nights. All I needed were copious amounts of sushi and sake (thanks to CamillaParkerBowles and her Bonny Prince Charlie), I was home around 9:30, and this pleased me mightily.

Tonight I'm home, the Cardinals are up by two, I have two warm white chocolate chip cookies and am still content.