<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

May 26, 2006

extra long weekend

My weekend started last night, and it was quite the holiday weekend kickoff. (My mojo appears to have returned and is in good working order - be afraid... very afraid.)

Tomorrow I take off for several days in the heartland. As previously expressed, I need to get my hands on my niece and remind her what an awesome aunt I am. Supreme Neph already knows that I rawk, and there are brand-new books from Strand (a gorgeous hardback version of The Owl and the Pussycat and In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak) for our mutual enjoyment. He's such a boy, but still a cuddler.

I get to spend two nights in my bed after returning, and then will be headed up to NYC for The Alabama Slama's baptism. (As she is in the process of being confirmed in the Episcopalian church.) I'm going to be her godmother. (I almost wish I was a gay man just so I could tell people that I was her fairy godmother.) We're also going to partake in mani-pedi's, some beautification at Bergdorf Goodman, and shopping. Duh. (See, the fairy godmother remark wasn't such a stretch.)

Hope your holiday is enjoyable.