<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

May 22, 2006

the joke is on me

A good friend built my computer for me about two years ago. It was such a wonderful gesture - and he never asked me for anything in return. His wife was the first person I met when I moved to DC; she saw me lugging stuff inside Thompson Markward Hall (where I lived for a loooong five months) and insisted upon helping me get all my belongings inside and up to my room. She and her husband have always been this generous with themselves and material things. They're also funnier than hell.

So, whenever my friends asked me how the computer was running these past couple years I replied that it was great. No glitches. However, when my friend was staying with me last week, she asked, "R wants to know if the computer is okay."

"You know, he asks that everytime I see or talk to him. Is there something I should know? Have all the other computers he's built blown up?"

"Well, funny you mention that. Apparently when he was building yours, one of the wires starting burning. He replaced it and all, but wanted to make sure everything was running allright."

I have a potential fire hazard in my little studio. Nice.

This is the funniest thing I've seen in the past three days. Crass, but funny.