<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

May 08, 2006

less dating = more reading

The last trip to NYC resulted in a bounty of new-to-me books. Most of them have been lent to me by the Alabama Slama. The upside of not being excited about dating is the opportunity and time to improve my mind!

Already read:
1. Gengis Khan and the Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherford - okay - read this one prior to the NYC trip, but it was enjoyable.
2. Christ the Lord by Anne Rice. Read it over Easter. Which is semi-appropriate. An odd departure for Rice.
3. The News from Paraguay by Lily Tuck. It was a fast read, but I don't know how I feel about it.

In the process of reading (yes, I have three point five books going at once and it is madness, I tell you):
1. Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri. How have I not read this before?
2. The Bridegroom by Ha Jin. I loved War Trash.
3. Cocktails for Three by Madeline Wickham. Brit chick lit. Yay!
3.5. The Plot Against America by Philip Roth. I started it, but haven't been able to get back into it. The premise disturbs me.

Books to be read:
1. Possession by A. S. Byatt. Purchased at Strand books.
2. The History of the Kelly Gang by Peter Carey.
3. Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond.
4. Collapse, How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed by Jared Diamond.
5. Three Junes by Julia Glass.