<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

April 25, 2006

temperature check

After a month-and-a-half-long respite from online dating, I may be venturing once again into this mostly uncharted territory. I think that I am feeling less cynical after so many worthless meetings. In any case, I have tentatively planned to meet a potential suitor this weekend. We've just traded a couple emails and no warning bells have pealed or red flags frantically waved.

The plans are to go stare at some art and eat something. I find that activities make even the poorest dates go better, and you really don't have to know much about art in order to talk about it. I used to think that getting the date drunk and taking advantage of him was the best way to get to know someone. Maybe I'm finally growing up. Maybe I just haven't given the drunk method a real chance...

Upcoming subject to flesh out and needing input: WORST possible wedding first dance songs. Such as the Rolling Stones You Can't Always Get What You Want, CSN &Y's Love the One You're With, and Jimmy Buffett's A Different Kind of Love Song. If you've got one to add, I want to know.