<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

July 26, 2004

so maybe i've been a little harsh on the State of Misery

Seriously, friends, the weather has been so unbelievable out here.  It was the coldest weekend for a July on record, and today has been just beautiful.  I'm posting from my sister's house, where the temperature is in the 60's and listening to a buncha frogs singing out in their back yard.  And watching my nephew scamper happily around the basement in his own little dimension.

The Reidster and I had a good day.  We watched cartoons for a few minutes and then jetted over to my parents for a four-star breakfast.  Then I took him to pre-school per His Highness's particular request.  After pre-school, we went back to Nana and Papa's for some backyard baseball and coloring on the deck.  He likes to rock out with me on our car trips, but does not like Jesse's Girl.  Clearly, his parents are failing him.

I've had, quite possibly, the best sweet corn and tomatoes of my entire life these past few days.  Tonight, Dad of Whiskypants cooked his famous Drunken Chicken out on the grill, and Mamasan whipped up some fresh green beans, cucumber and onion salad, yet more sweet corn-on-the-cob and tomatoes and fresh peach cobbler.  I think it was okay to have seconds...