<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

December 10, 2005

honky tonk tendencies

It is so not cool to be into country music in DC (unless you're a fan of the administration, and sometimes not even then).

But I've been listening to Waylon and Willie since way back, love Hank Sr. and Jr., can sing along to David Allan Coe's "You Never Even Called Me By My Name" (the world's BEST country and western song), and now I have a new love...

Gretchen Wilson's "Redneck Woman". I might even drag out my old c/w hat (which hasn't been worn since college) and sing along. And right after that I'll sing along to Green Day (who's most recent cd would be a great stocking stuffer if my family is paying any attention at all).