<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

December 16, 2004

housekeeping

It was a rough day. A car alarm went off at 5:15 a.m. and launched me right out of bed. Most of my gentle readers (all three of you) know that I do not get up without a fight even on a good day. There's lots to be done before I take off for St. Louis on Saturday and I'd like to ignore my Smackberry between Christmas and New Years. (Yeah. Fat chance. I have a love/hate relationship with that thing.)

So, I'm home trying out this lemon poundcake recipe (Note to self: read recipe through next time - finding out you need a hand mixer halfway through the blending of ingredients is not a good thing. Damn my arm is tired.) and decided to do a little cleanup. I've added a couple blogs: She's Actual Size comes from our new friend, Wee Lass, and sister of Multicultural Spitfire; Defective Yeti - which I found on Watermelon Memories; Veiled Conceit - some snappy NY Times wedding announcement satire; and I've updated the link for Smitten.

The Bunny's New Years Extravaganza is coming up, and DC will be sending a delegation of approximately seven. I'm still behind on the attire situation. Bunny is concerned that my DC colleagues might not be able to hang with the prevailing/somewhat base sense of humor shared by the Boston/Naptown krewe. I assured him that a change of venue and culture will be welcome by us all. One of our members comes from Pittsburgh, which looks pretty scrappy on tv; and my dad raised me on Monty Python and Dumb and Dumber. If you're a member of the delegation, please feel free to post a comment supporting the fact that we are very cool chicks that can have fun anywhere, and not a bunch of snotty power-sucking fem-bots.

Motley Crue is playing in DC on March 6. Who's going with me?