<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

January 31, 2006

channel surfing during sotu

I've struck upon the ideal way to watch the State of the Union: not watching it. Instead, I'm watching Alborada and keeping up with wonkette during the commercials. Some gems:

9:18 PM "but some men rage and fight against freedom." to them i say, welcome to the us department of justice

9:21 PM we're on the offensive in iraq with a clear plan for victory"... in iran. Ha ha.

And this bit about the Patriot Act:

9:34 PM "Based on the authority given to me by Congress and by statute." Right. When is someone going to point out that the post 9/11 act is like the clown car of presidential authority? All these rights keep pouring out. I expect him to hit me with a pie soon.

Good stuff.

The DCeiver has also provided a fun version. Well, the first couple paragraphs are pretty funny, but then it gets a little old.

I'd have given my eyeteeth to see a picture in picture running commentary from the Daily Show on SOTU. That would be so unbelievably best! Maybe next year.