<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

January 13, 2006

weird meme tag; i'm it

The Silver Fox isn't as weird as he thinks he is.

This meme is all about one's weird habits. Le Rules:

The first player of this game starts with the topic "five weird habits of yourself," and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says "You have been tagged" (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.

Hold onto your drinks, kids. This ain't gonna be pretty.

1. When I'm bored at home watching tv, I tweeze the hair on my legs.

Really. I was reading this article in some magazine about the chick who wrote Prozac Nation (never read the book, like the characters in Metropolitan, I like reading about books almost more than reading them), who described this very OCD sort of habit. I thought, "Well, it sounds less painful than those damn epilady contraptions or waxing."

I've been bored a lot recently.

2. I'm totally into telenovelas and I am a complete Gringa. Completamente. Muy blancissima.

My favorite is Alborada! It is a period piece that takes place when Mexico was a French terrority. Placido Domingo sings the theme song! That's when you know it is tan bueno! The leading man is a hottie extroadinaire. Ay de mi, Don Luis, quiero disfrutarte mi angel!

3. My last two cars were named.

My last car, The Mighty Thunderchicken (may she rest in peace), was named by a friend. Now I have a Mercury Cougar, and she has been named Toonces. Toonces passed the DC inspection today and I am so proud!

4. I have to wear earplugs to get to sleep.

First of all, I'm a very light sleeper. I have a terrible time getting and staying asleep. Once I'm there, though, no problem. The issue was exacerbated when I moved into my current apartment. My landlords live in the house above me (sometimes I call them the overlords). Occasionally, they have way too much to drink and have little hoedowns (really). I've found that the Howard Leight "Super Leight" pre-shaped foam ear plugs (noise reduction rating of 33) work pretty well. So does Lunesta and a beer.

5. Don't you think the leg-tweezing should count as two? So do I.

Now, the problem here is that I really don't know or correspond with enough bloggers to get five of them to respond. I'll try Chewy and the Multicultural Spitfire. Please don't let me down you two - it is a three day weekend for some of us after all. Strange Violin Music was kind enough to link to me a while back, and maybe she will grace us as well. If The Bunny could get his crap together, he'd lend a hand, but I despair we have lost him permanently.