<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

February 28, 2006

craigslist personals scare the hell out of me

I've never utilized the craigslist personals as they frighten me. This probably makes little sense - and I'm sure plenty of people have had good experiences using this service - but the bulletin board format intimidates me. It is a little harder to mock each other's profiles on other online dating sites (though, GOD, how I wish I could at times - and I'm talking to YOU, Mr. Shirtless Hairy NASCAR Fan). I do, however, read them out of morbid curiosity. And I read the rants and raves section for the occasional laugh.

There's a talented blogger in DC who has suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous dating misfortune a la craigslist personals and a particularly evil dating service called Its Just Lunch. With all the online dating resources, there is no need to shell out thousands of dollars to find a date, folks. Now, I might consider a yenta, but she'd have to be damn good. Currently, Velvet is mourning a man who lead her on, but she gives as good as she gets. Seriously, click on "gives", then "good", and then "gets" for a great story. Then click here to see a photo of the perp.

My self-imposed online dating hiatus has made it to Day 2, and my resolve is still firm.