<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

August 19, 2004

guilty pleasures

So, one of my favorite bloggers, ObscuroRant, has posted a list of favorite hair band songs.

I agreed with some of his choices, but it was a bit Poison heavy for my taste. The inclusion of Dokken did revive some fond memories of my favorite high school boyfriend, but Tesla?

The field was narrowed strictly to hair bands, so metal favorites such as Metallica are ruled out. (Clearly. Metallica is in it's very own class.) Although, I am confused about what to do with groups such as Guns N Roses (I mean, they're good and I don't think they wore a lot of make-up but November Rain is a bit keyed up), Van Halen and Aerosmith. I adore Aerosmith even though they have often strayed into fromage territory. I think they are more classic rock despite the hair and Steven's predilection for spandex and scarves. Ballad-heavy bands/songs were also ruled out as they don't really rock. Bon Jovi is too popular...

Here's a girly version:

1. I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister
2. Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
3. Once Bitten Twice Shy - Great White
4. Dr. Feelgood - Motley Crue
5. Pour Some Sugar On Me- Def Leppard (I particularly like the commercial where the guy is mistaking the lyrics for "Pour some shook-up ramen!" and his gf is like, "Pour some shook-up ramen?!?" and he's all, "Yeah, soup!")
6. Rock of Ages - Def Leppard
7. Love in an Elevator - Aerosmith (this song has got to qualify)
8. Shout at the Devil - Motley Crue (I still love this song)
9. Round and Round - Ratt (so embarrassing)
10. 17 - Winger (rilly embarrassing)

My mom's favorite music video was Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It". I worry about her.