<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

January 31, 2005

the power of salacious thinking

I don't like Nerve's Libra horoscope this week, so I've decided to be Aquarius:

Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18) Put on your tie and short-sleeved dress shirt, Aquarius; this week, you're feeling like a shiny-toothed advertisement for Positivity, like an unflappably enthusiastic Mormon of Right Thinking. Now that you've shown how far you can get by being chipper and upbeat, sully yourself.

"Sully yourself." How great is that?!?

-----------------------

My mom lets my nephew/her grandson cut her hair. Just a little snip here or there. It's kind of a secret - they haven't told my sister and her husband, and my dad doesn't like to encourage the little guy. When my nephew gets the urge to beautify, he tells his nana, "to go upstairs for some secret spy stuff."

My mom thinks it's hilarious. She also suspects that her hair stylist might be concerned that she isn't doing a very good job on her hair. I asked her if she's told her stylist about the nephew's aesthetic leanings. "No. And I don't think I will." And it's not because she's concerned how people might view a five-year-old boy who likes to cut hair. It's because she also thinks its funny to keep the stylist in the dark about the state of her haircuts. Kind of twisted. I just love it.