<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

February 03, 2005

these are a few of my latest favorite things

I do the majority of my dvd renting in winter. The winners so far include:

Monsoon Wedding - a very non-Bollywood Indian movie. Quite adorable and sexy. Suitable for Valentine's Day.

Saved! - Brilliantly funny. Slightly poignant. Ya down wit' G-O-D?
Cassandra: There's only one reason Christian girls comes down to the Planned Parenthood. Roland: She's planting a pipe bomb?
Cassandra: Okay, two reasons.

Music:

Scissor Sisters - Take Your Mama is just the fluffy icing atop the chocolatey disco-punk goodness that is their album.

Low will be playing at the Black Cat on Monday, and I'm hearing all sorts of great things. Who wants to go?

Books since Christmas:

The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides - I liked Middlesex better, but this one was a pageturner. Now I need to rent it.

Life of Pi by Yann Martel - Amazing. It won the Man Booker Prize. Read it.

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris - I love his stuff. Very funny and awkward.

Don't Even Think About It and Single White Female by Lauren Henderson - I got both of these for Christmas from The Brooklyn Freckler as she knows the author. Henderson's My Lurid Past is still my favorite.

Overheard:

"I have a strong desire for revenge." - TMS

"I will not be tolerated and I will not be plotted against!"
"I detest cheap sentiment."
..."barroom-benzadrine standards..." - Bette Davis in All About Eve.

And lastly, I am very keen about my Bionaire humidifier.