<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

June 22, 2005

back-burnered

I've been remiss, and offer my apologies.

Last week I had an out-of-town guest and this week I've been swept up in a work exercise. This has meant two round-trips to the lovely Virginia Shenandoahs for lengthy meetings. The very worst moment took place this morning, when I had to get up a few minutes before 4 am in order to be on-site by 7 am (and I didn't get home till 8 pm this evening). For those of you who know me, yes, I'm pretty traumatized.

The upside to this version of white-collar torture is that the boss has acknowledged my hard work. So at least I've got that going for me. The downside is the mega set of designer luggage I'm sporting under my hazel eyes, rendering them pretty much unenchanting. Pooh.

I have thoughts about a future posting - concerning the use of "laundry lists" to screen potential dates. Your thoughts on the subject would be most appreciated.

Pumpkin time is tolling...