<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

July 30, 2006

i just don't understand why we can't have more work meetings on the coast

[Sigh]

Why can't my work trips be held in more interesting places? I'll be spending the next three days and nights being held hostage in rural northern MD. I've checked weather.com, and the high for Tuesday should be around 99. I'm not doing so well with the heat right now, either.

My attitude is poor today due to tiredness and biological reasons. The diet was not complied with, but wasn't completely blown either. I drank a lot of wine with the Brits on Friday and I don't feel at all guilty about it. The Bombshell's bf now has a nickname: Lucky Perv. The LP said lots of funny things Friday night, which I managed to write upon a napkin. I've since gone back over my notes and find that I can't quite recreate what made his quotes so funny. Maybe you can do better than I can:

"...coming out as an unsuccessful heterosexual..." [there was a long discussion about dating and how the British don't really date and British men certainly don't talk about it]
"...Dickensian subhumans..." [it was late when I scribbled this - can't recall the circumstances]
Then he was kind enough to define what was a "slapper top" - I have several!
"T-shirt as a consolation prize..." [well, this may only be funny to us, come to think about it]

But seriously, he is really funny. The Brits are an adorable couple and I can't believe they're going home so soon! We're going out again next Thursday in a sort of mini bon voyage before they go on a road trip of the south. Its a good thing I don't have to work next Friday.