<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

August 02, 2006

any diet i'm on must include booze

There are pros and cons to working in a male-dominated industry. I hate it when I'm spoken down to and the fact that women are not in operational or more leadership roles. Also, I hate the unwanted sexual harrassment. Conversely, harrassment is okay when it comes from a bunch of funny grizzled fire fighters who are buying you drinks and chatting you up.

So, as you can guess, my time spent way up near Gettysburg was a bit of a mixed bag. I blame my "fun boss" for some of my exhaustion - she proceeded to fill my glass up first everytime a new bottle of wine arrived at the table. All the smug marrieds decided it was time to live vicariously through my singlehood and pick out a strapping fireman for me. Alas, there were none to be had. (Meaning, none were single, or they had been married a gazillion times - firemen marry young and often. Also, there's a limit to how much grizzledness I can take.) But, damn, they were fun.

After about 4 glasses of wine I asked, loudly, "So, what's a girl gotta do to get a firefighter t-shirt around here?" Many distasteful options were presented and politely (by politely I mean by laughing my ass off), but firmly, rejected. I completely missed my chance by not approaching the extremely drunk firefighter wearing the Antartica fd t-shirt and offering to trade with him - I think he would have looked nice in something with a plunging neckline. Grizzledness aside, they were nice guys and I expect to start getting various fire department tees in the mail any day now.