<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

August 10, 2006

human kindness

I have two bosses. We call one "Fun Boss" because she is - she lives the hell out of her life and tells wonderful stories - I'm thinking about asking her to become my guru. The other boss has been a tougher nut to crack, but I think I have succeeded. He is one of those very decent types of men. A family man. He coaches his kids' teams. He has a quiet demeanor, but firm.

This week he started calling me "dear" and "squirt". I have become one of his kids, and I really don't mind even though I'm pretty sure he's too young to be my father.

It has been a long week and I must bid adieu or I will never be able to send the Brits off in style tomorrow night. Please do not call me on Saturday before noon (unless you are bearing the appropriate hangover cures and food - and prepared to be greeted only through the security gate by a banshee - a snarling puffy-faced nightmarish version of La Whisky). I fear I will be in dire shape.