<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

August 04, 2006

pale blue

Along with the heat, my angst has subsided a bit. I finished Three Junes, which was good, and slept in. Also good. Instead of feeling outright bummed I've transitioned to simply pensive.

Nunzio introduced me to the Jayhawks a couple years ago - and to their song Blue... Is this considered a part of the "emo" genre? Nevermind. I love this song anyway.

Blue (Olson / Louris)

Where have all my friends gone
They've all disappeared
Turned around maybe one day
You were all that was there

Stood by unbelieving
Stood by on my own
Always thought I was someone
Turned out I was wrong

But you brought me through
And you made me feel so

Blue, why don't you stay behind, so
Blue, why don't you stop and look at what's goin' down

Live by an old woman
She'd never sell me a lie
It's hard to sing with someone
Who won't sing with you

Give all of my mercy
Give all of my heart
Never thought I'd miss you
That I'd miss you so much

But you brought me through
And you made me feel

Blue, why don't you stay behind
Blue, why don't you stop and look at what's goin' down

Stand by, stand by, waiting round
(All my life I'm waiting for, someone I could hold the door)
Now that I'm blue, that I'm blue
(But nothing seems to change, you'll come back I know)
From now on, so

Blue, why don't you stay behind
Blue, why don't you, stay behind
So blue, yeah, yeah, yeah
So blue, why don't you stop and look at what's goin' down

(©1994 Pedal Blue Music / Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp.BMI)