<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

August 08, 2006

listen, people, there's nothing to see here. move along.

Jeebus. So the statcounter is blowing my mind. Here I was, all uncomfortable just knowing that my brother-in-law has been reading this regularly, and my readership jumps from about 30 to 280 (as of 6:25 tonight) per day. So, B, as long as you're not sharing this fun with your family, we're good and I will not go into further detail about your borderline obsessive/compulsive methods to stay extremely clean. In fact, have at it buddy. Invest in a full-body steamer if you have to. Or maybe invent some sort of body-towel-sized alcohol swab. The world could learn from you. Also, some folks on the Blue/Orange line could take a lesson.

Back to my main point...

After yesterday's excitement I thought the stats would return to normal. But then, this perfectly nice muckraking blog called Circumlocutor links to me, driving the stats up even further as he/she has been featured on DCist. (C's post about this Wemple couple is rather entertaining, although I sure would have fought like hell against having a filthy pet groomer/lodger next door to me too. I have neighbors with neurotic dogs who like to yap it up during my weekend afternoons naps.) So, maybe things will go back to normal tomorrow.

You see, I'm just a dabbler in words, and not a particularly talented one at that. I don't really share my feelings and precious few people ever really know whats going on with me - my inner stiff-upper-lipped Midwesterner seems impossible to dislodge. I will never really be a great diarist as a result. I write about the things I care about: my family and friends, my niece and nephew, how bad I am at dating, and what I'm reading. Judging from stats, about 25 people out there actually care about that, and that's good enough for me.