<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

January 02, 2005

you gotta know when to fold 'em

...I'm at the upstairs bar at The Bunny's New Years Eve festivities, and I'm on my second glass of water. I pause at the bar to ponder my alcoholic beverage possibilities. Will, the bartender and upstairs apartment occupant, eyes me warily (yet kindly) and asks me what I'm thinking. I reply, "well, I'm not sure - perhaps some wine..." and he says, "have another glass of water and then I'll let you have a glass of wine."

Fortunately, I'm a complacent drunk and agreed readily with Will's good sense. Like Kenny says, ya gotta "know when to walk away, and know when to run." I blushed and stepped away gingerly.

The wisdom of the water concept became crystal clear as I looked over on the couch to see one of the DC delegation in liplock with a nice young man who was about 22 or 23. I'm not saying who it was, but said member was very unwell the next morning. The Alabama Slama also found a hot little 23 year old to snog - I'm totally taking credit for pushing these two together too. (Sorry, TAS, but this is absolutely true.)

The really funny thing about the snoggery was that I had to remind both delegation members what their 23 year olds names were. Me to TAS: "So, did you and _____ kiss?" TAS to me: "Oh, was that his name? Yes." Me to the unwell delegation member: "Did ____ know about ___ (her very understanding about NYE bf)?" UDM to me: "His name was ____?"

Good times.

Yes, each member of our delegation thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The Bunny's to-do was attended by some very funny and well-grounded sorts, and our lodging was delightful.