<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

August 22, 2005

the only good thing about high school was the music...

... But keep in mind that I went to high school in the '80's.

In any case, color me happy! Echo and the Bunnymen have a new album coming out! (You can listen to new song clips from their website.) Oh, I almost fondly recall being one of those awkward ninth graders who wanted so badly be a part of the quasi-anti-social-honors-classes-punkrock-new wave-crowd and scribbling the names of Echo and Cure and Violent Femmes and Suicidal Tendencies all over my notebooks. Alas, I was too perky and was forced to hang out with the lower to middle tier popular kids (on the positive side, dating was easier if you weren't anti-social). It was a large high school. Kinda like the one in Heathers. Yep - that was my high school and those were my friends.

I found this joyous musical news while perusing a highly informative music-based DC site. Generally, I'm just trying to keep up with kids today. I'm just barely hanging on, too, but have found a couple interesting groups here and there. The Alabama Slama and I might try to catch Snowden at the Black Cat this weekend... They do a beguiling version of the Zombies' "Time of the Season"...