<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

March 19, 2006

je ne parle pas francaise (i still don't speak a lick of french)

The chemistry.com thing is such a disappointment. The majority of the matches they send me are "separated" and sad-sackish. I delete the separated guys immediately as well as the ones who can't take the time to provide a short narrative statement (only slightly less iffy than the guys who don't provide photos). I also delete the ones who use the LOL and ROFL without discretion. I can handle an LOL about every 3 or 4 messages (meaning I'm visibly cringing, but not gagging). I prefer LMAO, but only if used judiciously (hardly ever).

Am I the only one out there who thinks LOL is effing stupid? I really really hate that acronym and have come to think it is a sign of serious dumbassedness. Over the past few years I've also come to suspect the use of emoticons. They also annoy me.

I must be pmsing.

So, the only chemistry guy that I've been emailing has asked if I would like to get together when he returns from some trip. I'm not excited about it. Well, except for the fact that he has dogs, since I like dogs and can't have one where I live. Fortunately, I have family in town this week so I can put it off for at least till the weekend. I'm enjoying my break from dating. I might even extend it into April.

The meetic.com men are fair-to-middlingish; lots of associates degrees and guys in their 40's making not even half what I make. Also, many of them live on another continent, which makes dating them difficult. I had some older French dude start out a message to me with, "hello pretty princess!" Holy sacrebleu, Batman.