<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

March 28, 2006

please, louise, pull me offa my knees

Some people take music very seriously. I am not "some people".

For the past couple days I've been pondering the creation of a completely awful music mix. The kind of stuff that you would usually barely tolerate, but would sing along to if you had a few beers in you. Or, if you were really perverse, you would simply enjoy the awfulness anyway. Like me.

Now, perfectly good songs can be thrown into the mix as long as there is no continuity.

My draft list (not sure what to name this yet) includes:

Copacabana by Barry Manilow
Footloose by Kenny Loggins
It Takes A Big Man to Cry by the Fabulous Thunderbirds
Song 2 by Blur
You Never Even Called Me By My Name by David Allan Coe
Goldigger by Kanye West
A Love Song (From A Different Point of View) by Jimmy Buffet
The Politics of Dancing by Re-Flex
Caribbean Queen by Billy Ocean
Baila Me by The Gipsy Kings
One Bourbon, One Scotch, & One Beer by George Thorogood & the Destroyers
Tuff Enuff by the Fabulous Thunderbirds (so good we're going back for seconds!)
You and I by Rick James
Take Your Mama by Scissor Sisters
Redneck Woman by Gretchen Wilson
I Like It by The Blackout Allstars

I'd entertain suggestions.