<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

August 26, 2005

houseguest

The Alabama Slama is staying with me for a couple days - she is in town for some training. Now, if I had the same amount of energy as she did, this would not be such a big deal. But the woman has the energy of 10 kindergartners and I do not. She seems to think I suffer from chronic fatigue (actually, at the moment, sinus headaches and my period, thankyouverymuch). What she doesn't know is that my family thinks that I have the energy of 10 kindergartners, so they'd probably suspect she has a little nose candy problem since they don't know her as well as I do.

I've considered ways to chill her out a bit... Apparently benadryl just winds her up so that is out. I have one very good bottle of wine on hand, but it should be savored instead of used as a sleeping potion. Also, it appears that whisky can affect her the same way it affects me; it makes us friskier. So, again, not a possibility.

Seriously, it's nearly 11:30 p.m. and she's hauling out today's papers to read. She says she didn't sleep well last night, had a long day of training today, we went to see a John Woo flick at the Freer Gallery tonight (The Killer, in case you're interested), and then I had her stuffed full of Chinese food. And she's still going strong. Is she human? I'm no longer sure. Ideas?