<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Whisky Pants
     
     
     

Look, I'm not doing this for you, but for my own dark and twisted reasons. Oh, and because everyone else is doing it.

 
 

October 10, 2006

absurd obsessions

I've said it before and I will probably say it again: I love LOST. If you're not watching it and loving it then you're completely lacking in fun. The DCeiver posts these fantastic recaps, and I encourage you to keep up with the show via his witty witty words (and to read his other stuff, as the man is damn funny). If you lack the time to watch, then at least read the recaps. Faking being informed is, like, easy, people!

Continuing with the theme concerning being uninformed about current affairs, the Freckler and I discussed how we had both taken to reading only the headlines and first few lines of news articles. This renders us able to start many conversations but finish none (which is just about right for cocktail parties and most social situations). We should have been embarrassed to learn that the Aussie actor who joined us briefly knew far more about the state of US domestic and foreign affairs than we, but we weren't. I chalk up the lack of interest in thoroughly reading the WaPo and NYTimes to having been inundated with spineless cable and print news for the past 12 years, working for the government, and due to the existence of blogs (which make the news far more palatable [i.e., short and snarky]). Thank goodness for Wonkette.

The Slama loaned Prep to me - reliving high school usually isn't my idea of a good time, but this book is engrossing.